System Delivers Fresh-Made Cold Beverages at Home at the Push of a Button, Including Carbonated Waters, Flavoured Waters, Sports Drinks, Sodas, Craft Sodas, Iced Teas and More.
MONTREAL, Nov. 24, 2015 /CNW Telbec/ - Keurig Canada Inc. (Keurig Canada), the Canadian business unit of Keurig Green Mountain, Inc. (Keurig) (NASDAQ: GMCR), a personal beverage system company that has revolutionized the way consumers create and enjoy beverages, today announced the launch of the Keurig® KOLD™ system in Canada. Introduced in the U.S. earlier this fall, Keurig
® KOLD™ is the first beverage system that allows consumers to freshly make cold drinks from a variety of brand new sparkling and still beverages, as well as favourite brands from beverage partners, in their home at the push of a button.
"Keurig has redefined the way consumers enjoy coffee and tea in their homes and offices and today, with the launch of Keurig KOLD in Canada, we believe we can continue to revolutionize the entire beverage industry," said Stéphane Glorieux, President of Keurig Canada. "Our consumers demand choice and the Keurig KOLD system gives them convenient access to a wide range of beverage varieties, perfectly chilled and fresh-made at the push of a button. Our game changing technology, including the chilling system and the carbonation process, produces consistently great tasting beverages with the expected Keurig brand simplicity."
In addition to the broad beverage variety available, the Keurig® KOLD™ system incorporates innovative features and technology, including:
- Fresh-made. The KOLD™ pod and drinkmaker do all the work. Simply remove the freshness seal from the bottom of the pod, pop it in, push the button and freshly make a cold beverage, mixed to just the right taste each and every time.
- Carbonation without a CO2 canister. To make carbonated beverages, the Keurig® KOLD™ system uses unique Karbonator™ beads, which are contained within the pod and hold beverage-grade CO2. During the drink making process, CO2 is naturally released into the beverage to perfectly carbonate each drink.
- Drinks delivered chilled. The innovative KOLD™ chiller uses an aerospace-inspired thermal transfer system to rapidly cool beverages to the ideal chilled temperature.
- Perfectly portioned. Keurig® KOLD™ delivers beverages at an eight-ounce portion size (237ml), and nearly all beverages have 100 calories or less.
- Space savings. KOLD™ pods need no refrigeration so consumers can easily store more beverage choices in their pantry or in their countertop KOLD™ pod carousel, offering everyone, including family and guests, exactly the cold beverage they want, when they want it.
Stéphane Glorieux concluded, "We're excited to introduce Keurig KOLD to consumers today and we know they will benefit from our strong collaboration with our partner brands, Coca-Cola and Canada Dry Mott's Inc. Keurig KOLD already covers a wide range of beverage categories, it also offers endless possibilities for our innovation pipeline, as we adapt it to evolving taste trends and consumers preferences in the future."
At launch, beverage brands offered in the Keurig® KOLD™ system portfolio will include:
- From Coca-Cola: Coca-Cola®, Diet Coke®, Coke Zero® and Sprite®.
- From Canada Dry Mott's Inc.: Canada Dry®.
- From Keurig:
- Seraphine™: Zero-calorie carbonated waters in Mediterranean fruit flavours including Passion Fruit and Persian Lime.
- FLYTE™: Thirst-quenching sports hydration drinks, available varieties include Red Rush.
- Waterful™: Zero-calorie, lightly flavoured and sweetened waters in flavours including Blissful Berry and Citrus Celebration.
- Red Barn™ Craft Soda: Naturally flavoured craft soda made with pure cane sugar. Available varieties include Cane Cola.
- Flynn's™ Soda Shop: Soda fountain classics including Orange Cream and Root Beer, that taste as good as dessert.
Beginning today, the new Keurig® KOLD™ system is available to purchase for Canadian delivery on Keurig.ca and on select online retailers including Costco.ca and Canadiantire.ca. In spring 2016, Keurig® KOLD™ will be sold at selected retailers both online and in stores.
The Keurig® KOLD™ drinkmaker ($399.99 SRP) is available in either white or black, and comes with a set of two Keurig® KOLD™ drinkmaker glasses. The KOLD™ pods ($5.49-$5.99 SRP for a four-count box) along with additional drinkmaker accessories, such as storage carousels and a variety of specialty-designed glassware, are now available on Keurig.ca/KOLD.
About Keurig Canada Inc.
Keurig Canada Inc. (Keurig Canada) is the Canadian business unit of Keurig Green Mountain, Inc. (Keurig). The company is reimagining how beverages can be created, personalized, and enjoyed, fresh-made in homes and workplaces. We are a personal beverage system company offering a wide range of premium coffees in a variety of formats, as well as Keurig® HOT Single Cup Brewers, Keurig KOLD™ beverage systems and many Keurig® brewed coffees, teas and other beverages. With our Canadian markets
flagship brands such as Keurig®, Van Houtte®, Timothy's World Coffee®, Green Mountain Coffee®, Tully's® and Café Escapes®, our Keurig® HOT and Keurig KOLD™ beverage systems, we deliver great taste, convenience, and choice at the push of a button.
As a company founded on social responsibility, we are committed to using the power of business to brew a better world through our work to build resilient supply chains, sustainable products, thriving communities, and a water-secure world.
The company's Canadian principle office, management team, and coffee roasting and beverage packaging plants are located in Montréal, Québec. Also located in Québec are Keurig Canada's subsidiaries, VKI Technologies Inc., and Van Houtte Coffee Services Inc. who together offer innovative beverage service options to away from home customers from branches in 30 cities across Canada. For more information, visit corp.keurig.ca or KeurigGreenMountain.com. To purchase Keurig products: Keurig.ca, VanHoutte.com, Timothys.com, baristaprima.ca and vkitech.com.
About Keurig Green Mountain, Inc.
Keurig Green Mountain, Inc. (Keurig) (NASDAQ: GMCR) is reimagining how beverages can be created, personalized, and enjoyed, fresh-made in homes and workplaces. We are a personal beverage system company revolutionizing the beverage experience through the power of innovative technology and strategic brand partnerships. With an expanding family of more than 80 beloved brands and more than 575 beverage varieties, our Keurig® hot and Keurig KOLD™ beverage systems deliver great taste, convenience, and choice at the push of a button. As a company founded on social responsibility, we are committed to using the power of business to brew a better world through our work to
build resilient supply chains, sustainable products, thriving communities, and a water-secure world.
For more information visit: www.KeurigGreenMountain.com. To purchase Keurig products: www.keurig.com, www.keurig.ca, www.keurig.co.uk. For more information about the new Keurig KOLD™ system: http://www.keurig.com/kold.
SOURCE Keurig Canada
News Provided by Acquire Media