Delivers Fresh-Made Cold Beverages at Home at the Push of a Button, Including Favorites from The Coca-Cola Company and Dr Pepper Snapple Group, along with Craft Sodas, Iced Teas, Seltzers, Flavored Water, Sports Hydration Drinks, Cocktail Mixers and More
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150929005274/en/
Keurig® KOLD™ - the first personal cold beverage system that offers a wide variety of consumers' favorite beverages like Coca-Cola®, Diet Coke®, Dr Pepper® and Canada Dry®, plus new discoveries, fresh-made at home, at the push of a button. (Photo: Business Wire)
"Keurig has redefined the way consumers enjoy coffee and tea in their
homes and offices and today with the launch of Keurig KOLD, we're
embarking on a new journey that will change the way consumers enjoy cold
beverages at home," said
For the first time consumers will be able to actually make a Coca-Cola® or a Dr Pepper® on their kitchen counter. The Keurig® KOLD™ system encourages choice and discovery, including new and exciting exclusive beverage brands from categories including craft and fountain-style sodas, zero- and low-calorie flavored seltzers and waters, sports hydration drinks, iced teas and - coming soon - cocktail mixers.
Beginning today, the new Keurig® KOLD™ system is available to order on Keurig.com
and will be sold at select retailers both online and in six cities
beginning in October, including
In addition to the versatility of the system and broad beverage variety available, the Keurig® KOLD™ system incorporates innovative features and technology, including:
- Fresh-made. The KOLD™ pod and drinkmaker do all the work. Simply remove the freshness seal from the bottom of the pod, pop it in, push the button and freshly make a cold beverage, mixed to just the right taste each and every time.
- Carbonation without a CO2 canister. To make carbonated beverages, the Keurig® KOLD™ system uniquely uses Karbonator™ beads, which are contained within the pod and hold beverage-grade CO2. During the drink making process, CO2 is naturally released into the beverage to perfectly carbonate each drink.
- Drinks delivered chilled. The innovative KOLD™ chiller uses an aerospace-inspired thermal transfer system to rapidly cool beverages to the ideal chilled temperature.
- Perfectly portioned. Keurig® KOLD™ delivers beverages at an eight-ounce portion size, and nearly all beverages have 100 calories or less.
- Space savings. KOLD™ pods need no refrigeration so consumers can easily store more beverage choices in their pantry or in their countertop KOLD™ pod carousel, offering everyone, including family and guests, exactly the cold beverage they want, when they want it.
Kelley concluded, "We're excited to introduce Keurig KOLD to consumers
today and are appreciative of the strong collaboration of our beverage
brand partners, The Coca-Cola Company and Dr Pepper Snapple Group. The
inclusion of their great brands strengthens the appeal of Keurig KOLD.
In addition, we believe Coca-Cola's marketing strengths and global
distribution capabilities will be instrumental in the years to come as
we look to expand the reach of Keurig KOLD beyond
Beverage brands offered in the Keurig® KOLD™ system portfolio include:
- From The Coca-Cola Company: Coca-Cola®, Diet Coke®, Coke Zero®, Sprite®, Fanta®
- From the Dr Pepper Snapple Group: Dr Pepper®, Canada Dry®
- Seraphine™: Zero-calorie seltzers in Mediterranean fruit flavors including Passion Fruit and Persian Lime
- FLYTE™: Thirst-quenching sports hydration drinks, including Lemon Lime Launch, Red Rush and zero-calorie Overtime Orange
- Waterful™: Zero-calorie, lightly flavored and sweetened waters in flavors including Blissful Berry and Citrus Celebration
- Red Barn Craft Soda™: Naturally flavored craft soda made with pure cane sugar. Available varieties include Cane Cola, Root Beer and Zesty Lemon Lime
- Flynn's Soda Shop™: Soda fountain classics including Orange Cream, Diet Orange Cream, Root Beer, Diet Root Beer and Vanilla Cream that taste as good as dessert
- Tierney's Iced Tea™: Range of still, sparkling and diet iced teas. Available varieties include Diet Peach, Lemon Mint and Passion Fruit Raspberry.
The Keurig® KOLD™ drinkmaker (
For more information visit: www.KeurigGreenMountain.com.
Certain information in this press release constitutes "forward-looking
statements." Forward-looking statements can be identified by the fact
that they do not relate strictly to historical or current facts. They
often include words such as "believes," "expects," "anticipates,"
"estimates," "intends," "plans," "seeks" or words of similar meaning, or
future or conditional verbs, such as "will," "should," "could," "may,"
"aims," "intends," or "projects." However, the absence of these words or
similar expressions does not mean that a statement is not
forward-looking. These statements may relate to the success of
introducing and producing new product offerings. A forward-looking
statement is neither a prediction nor a guarantee of future events or
circumstances, and those future events or circumstances may not occur.
Management believes that these forward-looking statements are reasonable
as and when made. However, caution should be taken not to place undue
reliance on any such forward-looking statements because such statements
speak only as of the date when made. We expressly disclaim any
obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether
as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. In addition,
forward-looking statements are subject to certain risks and
uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from
our historical experience and our present expectations or projections.
These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, those
described in Part I, "Item 1A. Risk Factors" and Part II "Item 7.
Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results
of Operations" in our fiscal 2014 Annual Report filed on Form 10-K,
elsewhere in that report and those described from time to time in our
future reports filed with the
Director, Public Relations
Senior Director, Investor Relations
News Provided by Acquire Media